As of January 11, 2024
The Plumtree Marketing Academy is a division of Plumtree Marketing, Inc.
Plumtree Marketing, Inc. operates this Plumtree Marketing Academy website on Teach:able, which provides online marketing training courses and other resources.
Terms and Conditions
Use of this website is also governed by our Terms and Conditions.
Information we collect
If you contact us directly via email or mail, we will collect whatever information you choose to provide, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. If you contact us directly via telephone, our telephone provider’s “caller ID” feature may provide us with your telephone number.
When you register to receive free downloadable resources, we will ask for and collect your name and email address.
When you register for an Account and/or make a purchase from the Plumtree Marketing Academy, we will ask for and collect your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, telephone number, how you learned about the Plumtree Marketing Academy, and possibly other information as well.
Because payment for our courses is made through third-party payment processors such as Stripe, we do not collect, have access to or save your credit card information. For payments, the Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions of the payment processing company apply.
You warrant that all information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
· Identify you in our system
· Send you emails
· Provide, operate and maintain our website
· Improve, personalize and expand our website
· Understand and analyze how you use our website
· Develop new products, services, features and functionality
· Communicate with you, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
· Find and prevent fraud
We will not sell your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties. This includes:
· Outside accounting or bookkeeping firms or other third-party service providers or staff members that help us to run our business and complete accounting, administration and/or marketing tasks.
· An outside firm that helps us to set up and run our website.
· Teachable.com, to whatever extent they automatically have access to this information.
· Google Analytics, which we may use to collection information about our website. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit our website, what pages they visit when they do so, and more. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve our website. Our use of Google Analytics is governed by the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
· If we are required to do so by court orders, subpoenas or other legitimate requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
The Plumtree Marketing Academy is hosted on a platform that follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log data about visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and this is a part of the hosting services’ analytics. The data that is collected may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
This log data is used for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and web beacons
Like many other websites, the Plumtree Marketing Academy uses “cookies” to distinguish you from other users of our website. Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are sent to your browser from the website you visit and then stored on your computer’s hard drive.
These cookies are used to store information, including visitors’ preferences and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited.
For more general information on cookies, please read “All About Cookies” from Cookie Consent.
CCPA privacy rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California consumers of businesses that meet certain criteria have a variety of rights, including the right to:
· Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that the business has collected about consumers.
· Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
· Request that a business that sells consumers’ personal data not sell that consumer’s personal data.
At this point in time Plumtree Marketing, Inc. is not legally required to comply with the CCPA, as our company does not meet the Act’s criteria. However, it is our policy that we do not and will not sell any of the personal information collected through our Plumtree Marketing Academy website to any third parties.
GDPR data protection rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a data privacy law designed to give individuals more control over how their data are collected, used and protected online. Under GDPR, every user who is in the European Union is entitled to the following:
· The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
· The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
· The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. Note that due to the fact that Plumtree Marketing, Inc. has fewer than 250 employees, our organization is exempt from some of the GDPR’s record-keeping obligations.
The Plumtree Marketing Academy does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. Given the fact that our courses are meant for business owners and other professionals, we consider it unlikely that children would choose to fill out one of our contact forms and provide their Personal Identifiable Information to us. However, if you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.
The Plumtree Marketing Academy website and all of the personal information which we collect about you through this website is hosted on the Teach:able platform. From time to time we may make backup copies of this data and store these backup copies outside of the Teachable.com platform as well.
All of the “back-end programming” that powers the site, and all of the data security for data stored on the site, is provided and maintained by Teachable.com.